The exchange of wedding vows is an integral part of a wedding ceremony. It is a very romantic moment and often the perfect place to express your feelings towards your fiancé.
Writing your vows, however, can be harder than it seems. That is why we have collected wedding vows on this site for you to use as a source of inspiration.
Please remember that you can both say the same vows, or you can say completely different ones.
1) I, (Bride/Groom), take you (Groom/Bride), to be my (wife/husband), to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part.
2) I, (name), take you, (name), to be my [opt: lawfully wedded] (husband/wife), my constant friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live.
3) I (name), take you (name) to be my (husband/wife), my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did the day before. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together. I give you my hand, my heart, and my love, from this day forward for as long as we both shall live.
4) I, (name), take you, (name), to be my friend, my lover, the (mother/father) of my children and my (husband/wife). I will be yours in times of plenty and in times of want, in times of sickness and in times of health, in times of joy and in times of sorrow, in times of failure and in times of triumph. I promise to cherish and respect you, to care and protect you, to comfort and encourage you, and stay with you, for all eternity.
5) I, (name), choose you [name] to be my [husband/wife], to respect you in your successes and in your failures, to care for you in sickness and in health, to nurture you, and to grow with you throughout the seasons of life.
6) I, (name), take you, (name), to be my partner, loving what I know of you, and trusting what I do not yet know. I eagerly anticipate the chance to grow together, getting to know the (man/woman) you will become, and falling in love a little more every day. I promise to love and cherish you through whatever life may bring us.
7) I, (name), affirm my love to you, (name) as I invite you to share my life. You are the most beautiful, smart, and generous person I have ever known, and I promise always to respect you. With kindness, unselfishness and trust, I will work by your side to create a wonderful life together.
8) (Name), I love you. You are my best friend. Today I give myself to you in marriage. I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle. I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems hard, when our love is simple, and when it is an effort. I promise to cherish you, and to always hold you in highest regard. These things I give to you today, and all the days of our life.
9) (Name), with all my love, I take you to be my wife/husband. I will love you through good and the bad, through joy and the sorrow. I will try to be understanding, and to trust in you completely. Together we will face all of life's experiences and share one another's dreams and goals. I promise I will be your equal partner in a loving, honest relationship, for as long as we both shall live.
10) (Name), I promise to love you, to be your best friend, to respect and support you, to be patient with you, to work together with you to achieve our goals, to accept you unconditionally, and to share life with you throughout the years.
11) (Name), I promise to be your best friend, your lover, your partner in life.
I promise to say I love you at least once a day.
And I promise to always say you’re right.
I will trust and respect you. Laugh with you and cry with you.
And be with you through life’s twists and turns.
I promise to encourage and inspire you.
And I promise to laugh at every single of your jokes.
I choose you today in witness of all people who love us.
I choose you in the good times and the bad
I choose you when life is easy and when it is hard.
I will choose you, over all others, every day, for all the days of my life.
12) I, (name), take you to be my soul mate and partner in life. I pledge to honor, encourage and support you through our walk of life together.
When our way becomes difficult I promise to stand by you and uplift you.
So that together we can accomplish more than we could alone.
I promise to work at our love and always make you a priority in my life.
I give you all of my heart, all of my tomorrows, all of my life.
With every beat of my heart, I will love you forever. This is my solemn vow.
13) I, (name), take you (name) to be my soul mate and partner in life.
I vow to love you through sickness and in health, through good and bad, for richer and for poorer.
I promise to share your hopes, dreams and goals.
When you fall I will catch you, when you cry I will comfort you, when you laugh I will share your joy.
I look forward to being your (husband / wife) and sharing the rest of my life with you.
With every beat of my heart I will love you forever,. This is my solemn vow.
You are not the air that I breathe,
you are the sweet scent that drifts upon it
You are not the sounds that I hear,
you are the music of my life
You are not the food that I need,
you are the nourishment of my soul
You are not my will to survive,
you are my reason for living
It is with you that I experience
the wonders of the world
It is with you that I triumph
over the challenges in my path
It is your partnership that will lead me
to the fulfillment of my dreams
It is your friendship that guides me
as I grow and learn
It is your patience and wisdom
that calms my restless nature
It is through you that I know my true self
I do not take you for granted,
I cherish you
I do not need you
I choose you
I choose you today in witness
of all the people who love us
I choose you tomorrow
in the privacy of our hearts
I choose you in strength and weakness
I choose you in health and sickness
I choose you in joy and sorrow
I will choose you, over all others, every day
for all the days of my life